Oh yea baby

Oh yea baby

Jumping off the Bridge

Picture it. Belmar. Djais. Fist pumpers galore. I'm dancing and having a good time with my friends. I see this hot looking guy and at this point, I've already had enough drinks to care less about consequences. So, I go up to him and start dancing. Now, I am a terrible dancer. I have recently earned the nickname T-Rex because of the tiny little punches I do with my arms and fists when I attempt dancing. He is into me immediately which leads me to believe he is either drunk or bored cause it sure as hell cant be that I look attractive doing my T-Rex punches. At some point the bartenders announce last call. Thank god! So I invite him back to our house to hang out for a while. My friends and I have a bet that I am not the type of girl that can hook up with a guy and not have some sort of relationship with him afterwards. On the walk back to the house, I insist that I am going to prove them wrong with my newfound fist pumping friend. The next morning, fist pumper asks if I would like to hang out at the beach. I say ok and he leaves. I get screamed at that I cannot hang out with him as I would automatically lose the bet. I convince them that its within a 24 hour time frame, so it will still count. We go to the beach and then he invites me out for dinner. Its the end of August and fist pumper and I wind up dating for about 3 months. My friends were right, when guys hang out with me, they fall into some black relationship hole where neither one of us can escape until something wierd happens. Now fist pumper was not 100% normal from the beginning. He seemed to have some anger management issues all along. Example #1, he forgot cash one night when we went to get ice cream. I paid for the ice cream, no big deal. He cursed and yelled at the ice cream man for not accepting credit cards. Hmmm, strange. Example #2, I went to his place to hang out. I had work the next day, and it was starting to get late. I told him I had to leave and he started yelling that if I was going to leave so early I should not have come at all. Um, ok. Example #3, I looked through his phone (I know, so Im a little psychotic also) and found that he was text messaging another girl (Melissa) about hanging out. And it was not hanging out to get ice cream! I didnt want him to know that I found out by looking through his phone, so I told him his brother mentioned something about "Melissa" and I innocently asked him who she was. He left my shore house and went back to his house (which was like 2 blocks away) and without saying anything punched his brother in the face. I know I started it and I was wrong for looking through his phone, but his reaction was a little off. Now, for some reason I seem to be attracted to crazy guys. Ha, what does that say about me? But, this was starting to get to be a bit much. My breaking point was when he was driving me home one night. (He lived in Jersey and I live in NY). We're driving over the bridge and he turns to me and says "Did you know that if you throw someone over the bridge right before you jump, they will break your fall". I looked at him and simply said "No, I didnt know that". His response was "Yea, when I was thinking about commiting suicide, I found that out." I have no idea what type of response he was looking for from me, but I just said "Oh" and silently prayed to God that I would make it home alive. That was our last date and my one and only attempt at finding love down the jersey shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment