Oh yea baby

Oh yea baby

When you least expect it

So Ive been told time and time again that you find love when you least expect it. So I was looking over my roommates shoulder while she was viewing her eharmony matches and saw this cute looking navy guy. She said she wasnt going to respond to him cause he was too short (5'7" or 8"). I said that was fine for me and for her to send him my email address which is weird but at this point, Im not sure if it can get any weirder. So he emails me which is also kinda surprising cause if I was in his shoes and some guy told me I wasnt good enough for him, but my roommate was interested, Id tell him to F off. So he friends me on facebook which started a whole other issue as it forced me to set up a profile and now Im semi obsessed but I wont even go there. So we chat and he asks me to go out to dinner with him. He seems really normal, hes cute, sounds fantastic. We go to Marina Cafe on Staten Island. I meet him there as Im still not 100% sure he isnt going to try to kill me. He texts me before he leaves asking if there is any way he can get there without taking a bridge and paying the $8 toll. I respond no and automatically think hes a big cheapo. He texts me on the way to the restaurant saying he forgot cinnamon and asks me to pick up some. (Earlier that day, we had a bet to see who could swallow a teaspoon of cinnamon. I didnt really think he was serious and just sorta played along. he actually wanted me to stop at a store and pick up some. Obviously I didnt.) He then texts me that hes lost and is using a map to navigate his way there. I know he was in the navy and all but come on Magellan and get a GPS. He finally gets there and greets me with a hug. For those of you who know me, a hug was def not the way to go. That was the icing on the cake between the cinnamon, the toll comment, and the use of maps for navigation. There was nothing really wrong with him. He was just boring. He doesnt drink a lot, he works in a power plant, he just moved to Hoboken so he doesnt know that many people. This is all adding up to BORING conversation. No dull moments, just BBOORRRIINNGGGG! So today I sign on to facebook and see a comment on my wall asking me how the date was. I wonder if he has any comments on his wall, go to check, and realize that he defriended me. Ugh! Rejected by Mr. Boring. I guess I mustve been giving off some vibes at dinner. Especially when he kept asking what we were doing next and I avoided the question then claimed 930 was late and I had to get home (On a Friday). The navy is not for me and F that least expected BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment