Oh yea baby

Oh yea baby

low self-esteem + drunk = disaster

Mike is a 24 year old guy who lives in Hoboken and works in the financial district in the city. At the time of our date, he was 1 year younger than me. We meet at a bar in Hoboken and things are going pretty well at first. He has a funny/sarcastic sense of humor and the conversation flows pretty easily. We have 2 drinks at this bar. Then it gets really crowded so we decide to go to a different bar. At bar #2, Mike has 2 drinks for each one of mine. So at this point, he has probably had 6 mixed drinks. I have to drive back home so I am tipsy, but fine at this point. Suddenly, Mike becomes uncomfortable and asks me repeatedly if I'm having a good time. I say yes, but the conversation is starting to get a bit strained. He tells me I look bored. I dont know what he wants me to do. Should I be drunk and standing on a bar stool? How do I look bored? Is it because he is beginning to slur at this point and I can still say the letter "S" clearly? After the 10th, "Are you sure you're having a good time?" I decide I'm not and its time to go. We walk outside and he walks me to my car, then gets in the passenger seat. Um, does he think he is coming home with me? I'm trying to get away from him. He asks me to drive him to his block which is about 4 blocks away. Is he serious? Fine, I cant physically remove him from the car and Im still trying to be polite so I do it. He stumbles out of the car and apologizes saying he knows I had a bad time. Word of advice to Mike: I was fine. Grow a set, man up, and get some confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment