Oh yea baby

Oh yea baby

Speed Dating

January 27, 2009

My friend from work and I decide to go speed dating. I think its a fantastic idea as I am always up for some new dating entertainment. We go to tonic in NYC for "Speed dating a fireman". There are fifteen 3 1/2 minute dates. The girls sit at tables and when the time is up, a bell rings and the guys move. We get a couple of drinks and then sit down to start. Date 1 is staring at a girl sitting at the bar. I ask him Whats goin on and he says that he is here on a first date. My initial reaction is "Why the hell are you here?" He says that he promised his friend that he would go with him and forgot and then made a date with this girl. I suggest that he just leaves to hang out with the girl. Thank god the bell rings. Date 2 is a semi-normal guys that there was just no chemistry with. Date 3 is a Guatemalan trainer that trains firemen. He seems kinda normal and Im really lovin the accent. Date 3 is a real winner. He has an eagles leather-sleeved jacket on. (I forgot what those are called.) Anyway, he sits down and starts reciting random facts about the eagles from like 1995. The bell takes a really long time to ring for this one. He clearly has a form of autism. Im gonna go with Asperger's. Dates 4-8 are all semi normal, a bit older but just no chemistry there. Date 9, I get into a fight with. He is a huge meathead. He tells me that the first thing he looks for in a girl is body, then comes face, and then "whatever else". He asks me what I look for in a guy and I say personality comes first and a sense of humor. He says thats ridiculous and attraction needs to be first. We go back and forth for a while and then the bell rings. Date 10 is actually his friend, so im expecting another a**hole. He was actually really nice, lived close to me, and was semi-cute. His eyes are spaced a little close together, but I can live with it if I was willing to date a midget. Dates 11-14 are all a bit older, nothing significant. Date 15 was a Russian Jewish soldier that just got home from Iraq. Needless to say, he appeared to have some anger management issues. After the final date, my friend and I went to the bar for another drink. Date 10 came to talk to us and when we were getting ready to leave, I gave him my phone number. I figured one of us may want to be in touch with him again as he was the only semi-normal one there. Overall, the experience was very amusing. I would definitely go again and would recommend that anyone who would like a few laughs goes also!

No comments:

Post a Comment