Oh yea baby

Oh yea baby

Meet the parents

Pete is a 30 year old who works for a pharmaceutical company. I dont know exactly what he does, but it has something to do with sales. The first date is fine. He takes me to a sushi restaurant in hoboken (Teak). The food is really good and the conversation flows. He has some sort of wierd hairstyle. Its sorta like a comb over but not really. He just needs a haircut and it would look fine. Besides that, he is cute. Second date, he takes me to a vineyard in NJ. He packs cheese and crackers and we get a bottle of wine and listen to music while we hang out. It was a beautiful day and that kinda thing is right up my alley, so it was nice. Afterwards, he takes me to a really nice restaurant. A few days pass and he calls me and says pack your bags. Um, excuse me. Pack my bags for what? He says he has plans for us to do something and it is kinda far away so it would be easier if we just slept there. Yea, easier. Easier for you to get in my pants. I dont think so. I tell him no, obviously and explain that I typically dont go away with someone and/or sleep with them after two dates. He apologizes and asks me if I will still go to this planned event as he has tickets and thinks Ill like it. Blah Blah. Ok, so I say yes. I was trying to be polite. Big mistake. I still have no idea where we are supposed to be going. After asking him a million times, he finally tells me that we are going to an OAR concert. I love OAR! Ok, so he jumped the gun a little, he meant well. He tells me to meet him in NJ at his place and says he will drive. So I get there and pull up to this huge house. I think to myself O god, 30 and he lives with his parents. I call him, hoping he will meet me outside. He says Why don't you come in. Out loud I say Ok, sure. In my head, its more like Jesus Christ, I dont wanna go in there! He opens the door, says come in, I want you to meet my parents. My worst fears have come true! His parents look like 2 of the most boring people in the world and this assumption is shortly confirmed. They say Hi nice to meet you and thats it. They then stare at me. I tell them they have a beautiful house, comment on the weather, and then look at him, hoping he will say we need to leave. He doesnt, I say it and we go. On the way to the concert, I start asking him about his past relationships and at that point he starts skirting around the issue. SO then I blatantly ask him, Have you ever been married? He hesitates. O god, here we go. He explains that he is divorced and then bad mouths the girl and blames the demise of the relationship on her. Of course it has to be her fault, right. It cant be that he had anything to do with it. The concert is awesome. The whole time he is trying to touch me and put his arm around me. I am so not feeling it and Im completely turned off after meeting the parents on date 3. Needless to say, no date 4.

2 comments: